Short Sales & Foreclosures

4 Replies

Why is it so hard to find a listing of Foreclosures and Short sales in NJ .. Can't a real estate agent just send me a listing of all of them in my area?? 

Foreclosures that are pending can be found on the county website. Short sales you need to look around on your own and find a realtor who is also looking at these. Not many do. Nothing in this business is where someone just hands you something. You have to work it or network with others who will send it to you. 

@Joseph

You want to work with a Realtor to purchase a foreclosure, it's a whole process when dealing with a bank and you need someone that will know how to deal with them. Short sales are also difficult and a process. 

If you want a recommendation I can provide you with a name and you can discuss. It should cost money to work with the Realtor. In general, a commission is normally only paid by you during selling. But it is a document that you must agree to that says the Realtor represents you and is entitle to a commission. The commission is paid by the owner of the foreclosure (the Bank). 

Are you referring to Short Sale listings on the MLS? Any realtor with MLS access can send it to you by doing a simple search. @Joseph Tarallo  

I can help if that is what you are looking for, unless I misunderstood. 

@hasan is it really that easy? Is there a good source to find them without the mls?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here