owners info

8 Replies

i'm trying to bypass the real estate agent and connect directly with the seller to negotiate the purchase price? how can i do that ? i tried and tried but i just cant find owner's information. 

can anyone help me ? please tell me the best and the most effective way to get owner's info and speak with him directly without bringing in the agent....

So the seller hired an agent to represent them but you want to go around that? What's your logic in doing it that way? Just submit whatever your offer is to the agent and negotiate it from there.

Do you feel the agent is not doing the job properly? Are your offers being ignored?

Seller hired an agent so they did not have to speak to buyers themselves.

@Enjay Smith  I agree with the others.  It's already too late.  The seller has hired an agent to negotiate on his behalf, so you should just call the agent.

Of course, I agree with the others that if this is a listed property then the seller has a contract with the agent that forbids such "off the record" negotiations.

That said, to answer the original question: look up the county tax records (most are online these days) using the property address.  They will list the owner (usually including their current mailing address).

Agents have been surprisingly good at relaying my offers to homeowners. However, like Andrew S stated, go online and check your local tax/appraisal district website. Get the owner name, and then call directory assistance to see if they have a number listed for the name and address. Or you could use an online search engine like white pages, etc.

P.S: i forgot to mention, the listing expired in 2012

I tried the public tax record for the property. The address that's showing there is the agents agency 

Originally posted by @Enjay Smith:

i'm trying to bypass the real estate agent and connect directly with the seller to negotiate the purchase price? how can i do that ? i tried and tried but i just cant find owner's information. 

can anyone help me ? please tell me the best and the most effective way to get owner's info and speak with him directly without bringing in the agent....

Don't go around the agent. If they've hired an agent, it's too late to get to the seller. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here