Votes
Jays Su
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Hi DIY question regarding Selling property

Jays Su
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Oct 1 2014, 09:55

Hey all, new to the forum. Name is Jay and came across when I was researching DIY selling started as I was looking to sell both my duplex and my uncle's house in southern CA. Improvements done were new kitchen VCT floors, cherry cabinets, and wood-clad windows all around like 12 of them.

I've been interviewing a handful of realtors and wanted some more general opinions from those who may have done this themselves or why it's always better to hire a realtor ? Did the kitchen and window work to my property and looking to sell but had to consider the reasons behind paying the fees to a realtor I hire ( or not hire ) because I estimate the fees kind of balance out the profit my improvements should give me. I'm aware that RedFin charges a lot less in comparison to some realtors. Hopefully by Spring time. My questions would be as follows:

1. What are some main reasons to hire a realtor to sell? I know it's not required by law to do so. Is it just because of MLS?

2. What are the most difficult parts of selling yourself? I have a real estate attorney friend who tells me they can help me with contracts but nothing else...

3. So doing some research I estimate my fees to my realtor would be about $35,000 or so. To give me a better sense, because i plan to negotiate my fees hopefully to around $25,000 or less. In which order would you put the value of hiring a agent or realtor starting with 1 as being most valuable
1. helping me with contracts
2. their marketing or sales skills?
3. their communication process with me, how timely and transparent they are?
4. their knowledge about my neighborhood and home vs an appraiser or zillow research?

I know it's subjective but before I hire one of these people I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the time!

Loading replies...