Using properties information from MLS

1 Reply

I'm newbie in this business. Can I use a property information from a MLS or put a MLS link on my website to advertise a property I'm interested in to buyers , before I get a contract on it?

@Jean Nkondi  , I think you really need to reconsider this strategy because of problems at multiple levels.

If you don't have a contract, then you are just acting as a bird dog and you better have a close relationship with the potential buyer because if not (ie just posting on a website), what's to keep that buyer from bypassing you completely and just going directly to the property seller?  You lose all power and control.

A larger issue, though, even if you have a contract, is what value are you really bringing to the transaction to warrant a wholesale fee if you are just finding MLS deals? Why should anyone pay you $1K, $2K, $5K, heck even $200 for a deal they very easily could have found on their own? Unless you have amazing negotiation skills and can get the property under contract way below the asking price so that once you add your wholesale fee it is still a better deal than he/she would have been able to negotiate on his/her own, then you aren't adding any value.

You should focus on finding off market deals.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.