Rocky Mount NC

6 Replies

I would like to chat with someone who has purchased rental property in NC. Is there rental demand and which areas?

Hey Pat, I don't know if you've received a response on this topic yet. If so let me know! I'd be interested in this topic as well! (Sorry this is an old fourm post)

I do not own any property in Rocky Mount, nor do I live very close, but I have heard many times that it is very low income and high crime. I'd avoid the place unless I had some intimate local knowledge or a very good property manager. I know the prices are very tempting, but war zone properties are not worth it for out of area investors.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I will have to do my research and make some travel plans.

I live in rmt and own a few rentals here. Like any area u just have to find good tenants that work and take of your property. Like someone always told me nicer bigger homes don't promise to bring you good tenant. Good luck if u need more detail on a particular area let me know.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you