Buying Investment Property in Texas

6 Replies

A lot of things have to keep in mind while choosing the investment properties, do you think it is easy to get the appropriate property by real estate agents.

@Scott Hearne 

The MLS is a great place to find properties. I generally look for 2-4 unit properties and I have found 10s of them in TX (Houston mostly) worth looking at.

@Scott Hearne Howdy Scott!

I got my license to help build capital so that I can start buying investment properties and become a full time investor. An agent can be valuable to you by being on the ground, driving and hunting properties. The best are going to find motivated sellers and connect you to them days before they post the property on the MLS. The other way agents can be valuable to you is by helping you submit tons and tons of offers.

When you're trying to get sellers to accept lower offers that will fit your investment criteria it's helpful to have someone else writing those up for you so that  you have time to do other things. Especially if you're sending more than ten offers a month.

@Scott Hearne 

Real estate agents can be very useful. They can comb the MLS daily for you, to help you find properties. The problem is the competition on the MLS. There are lots of investors who have agents help them out, but there is always the chance you can get beat out by another investor. Look into wholesalers (if you feel comfortable) who can help you find off market properties as well. There is usually less competition and you can get better deals and not have to pay an agent.

Hi @Scott Hearne ,

I think its hard for a real estate agent to find properties as they are not specializing in that field. They will come across some but not as much as a wholesaler will.

Thanks,

Andres J.

Scott,

I'm an agent in DFW. I find properties for my investors both on the mls and off-market. The issue with buying properties on the mls is that there are thousands of buyers competing for the same properties which will drive the price up. The best deals are found off-market. Let me know if you would like to be added to my buyers list or if you would like to discuss the benefits of Texas investments.

Thanks,

Adam

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you