BUYING 5 NEW HOMES FROM LENNAR & "THEIR PREFERRED LENDER"

10 Replies

hello guys, I am in the process of buying 5 homes one will be my home & the other 4 will be for rentals. my question is lennar is offering 2% credit towards my closing costs if I use their lender. am I really getting a good deal? what is the real story behind this? etc etc. thank you in advance. btw I have 25% down on each & good credit & close in 06/2015 . I have other brokers who are not the " the preferred lender" who are wanting my business.  

Call all and find out what their fees are.  It could be that Lennar just wants to use one lender that they know can get the deals closed.

Thanks Joan I'm in finance myself and it looks like the shell game though raise the rate to compensate for the fees or the lower the rate with higher fees. I'm just wondering if there's really truly any advantage with going with the builders preferred mortgage lender? ????

@Thomas Haskell  

Are you a member of a Credit Union?  They sometimes have better rates for their members on Mortgages.   Since you are putting over 10% down on each property, they should be willing to work with you, even though 4 of the houses are Non Owner Occupy. 

Thanks Joan I'm in finance myself and it looks like the shell game though raise the rate to compensate for the fees or the lower the rate with higher fees. I'm just wondering if there's really truly any advantage with going with the builders preferred mortgage lender? ????

That's a great idea I never thought about the credit union for mortgages I wonder if they could handle five homes

That's a great idea I never thought about the credit union for mortgages I wonder if they could handle five homes

By the way this website is amazing!

Why would any builder provide 2% closing cost to their customers by using a preferred lender what's the catch?

Why would any builder provide 2% closing cost to their customers by using a preferred lender what's the catch?

Any other ideas?

Read everything, including other documents referred to.  Builders give all kinds of credits and free upgrade packages, to keep their initial prices artificially high, for future sales comp.s.  here they're offering a $17k credit, but you're paying $8k of the Sellers closing costs and fees.

Any other ideas?

Now Wayne that makes sense they keep their prices high they use a credit below the line to entice people and then they try to make it up on the reserve on the by rate of the mortgage versus the sell rate
By the way I'm moving from Palm Beach Gardens to South Carolina

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.