BUYING 5 NEW HOMES FROM LENNAR & "THEIR PREFERRED LENDER"

BUYING 5 NEW HOMES FROM LENNAR & "THEIR PREFERRED LENDER"

Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes

hello guys, I am in the process of buying 5 homes one will be my home & the other 4 will be for rentals. my question is lennar is offering 2% credit towards my closing costs if I use their lender. am I really getting a good deal? what is the real story behind this? etc etc. thank you in advance. btw I have 25% down on each & good credit & close in 06/2015 . I have other brokers who are not the " the preferred lender" who are wanting my business.  

0Reply
51 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · La Crosse, WI · Member since 2013 · 360 posts · 110 votes
    11y

    Call all and find out what their fees are.  It could be that Lennar just wants to use one lender that they know can get the deals closed.

  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Thanks Joan I'm in finance myself and it looks like the shell game though raise the rate to compensate for the fees or the lower the rate with higher fees. I'm just wondering if there's really truly any advantage with going with the builders preferred mortgage lender? ????
  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 72 votes
    11y

    @Thomas Haskell 

     Are you a member of a Credit Union?  They sometimes have better rates for their members on Mortgages.   Since you are putting over 10% down on each property, they should be willing to work with you, even though 4 of the houses are Non Owner Occupy. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Thanks Joan I'm in finance myself and it looks like the shell game though raise the rate to compensate for the fees or the lower the rate with higher fees. I'm just wondering if there's really truly any advantage with going with the builders preferred mortgage lender? ????
  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    That's a great idea I never thought about the credit union for mortgages I wonder if they could handle five homes
  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    That's a great idea I never thought about the credit union for mortgages I wonder if they could handle five homes By the way this website is amazing!
  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Why would any builder provide 2% closing cost to their customers by using a preferred lender what's the catch?
  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Why would any builder provide 2% closing cost to their customers by using a preferred lender what's the catch? Any other ideas?
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    Read everything, including other documents referred to.  Builders give all kinds of credits and free upgrade packages, to keep their initial prices artificially high, for future sales comp.s.  here they're offering a $17k credit, but you're paying $8k of the Sellers closing costs and fees.

  • Real Estate Investor · Summerville, SC · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Why would any builder provide 2% closing cost to their customers by using a preferred lender what's the catch? Any other ideas? Now Wayne that makes sense they keep their prices high they use a credit below the line to entice people and then they try to make it up on the reserve on the by rate of the mortgage versus the sell rate By the way I'm moving from Palm Beach Gardens to South Carolina
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.