Mapleton Fall Creek area in Indianapolis

7 Replies

I considering buying a home in the Mapleton Fall Creek area of Indianapolis for a buy and hold cash flow investment. The rents seem a little higher there and you can still get a good deal for under $70000. Is there any hotspots within this area that would cash flow the best. Any pockets within this area I should avoid. Any insight on the area in general would be appreciated. Thanks everyone

@Account Closed  

Mapleton Fall Creek is real street to street with a lot of little pockets. If you want to send me the address I'll be happy to give you my 2 cents.

@Mike D'Arrigo  Don't really have an address or specific home in mind.  We toured through the area last weekend and really liked it there.  Really nice looking neighborhoods with bigger homes and higher rents.  That's the one area that we have not heard much about so are trying to get a little more info on it.   Just seemed really family friendly.  If something comes up I'll be sure to run it by you.   Thanks Mike.  

@Account Closed  , like Mike said, very street by street.

Do you have a PM and/or a team yet?  I would suggest relying on a quality PM's input as well before you spend too much time looking at various options.

@Account Closed  

Mapleton Fall Creek is a tricky area. Like Shawn suggested, I would get a PM's opinion. Do you still have the contact info I gave you?

The older, the bigger properties like this the
future can get ugly with repairs on these properties. Dave Short

@Joey Noel,

@Rodney Kuhl and I have looked in this area.  Like many people say, I keep hearing it varies street by street.  Can you give us cross streets where you were looking?

The 3000 block of Ruckle is nice. Just about each home on this block has been rehabbed, flipped, etc.

However, one street over, Mapleton Fall Creek could be dicey. I own property just south of there in Fall Creek Place and I suggest it highly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.