Mortgage through LLC

3 Replies

Should I get a loan through my LLC or a personal loan to finance an investment property?

I have been told by a loan agency that I will not be able to get a loan through my LLC; I have to get a personal loan to buy my investment and then transfer it to my LLC.

Can you give me any advice?

Did you ever get a mortgage through an LLC?

So far we have gotten loans on all of our properties in the name of our LLC but we still have to personally guarantee them. In addition, they are all loans for under 30K so anything is possible with the right lender.

Look for small portfolio lenders, usually small banks. The terms are usually different from a standard loan. For example, ours are 15 years, 30% down, 6% interest.

For my first three properties I was able to get a loan in the name of my LLC. This was done with a local credit union. The only catch was they were 5 year ARM's. When I purchased my next property and refinanced my first three into 15 year fixed rate mortgages I was required to put all of the loans in my name, not the LLC. This was done through a larger bank. Like @Mike S said, shop around and talk to a smaller local bank in your area to see what they can do for you.

Sounds good! 

Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you