Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
I thought it would be nice to have an open discussion on different markets. Please put some thought into why you invest in a certain city and proveid some facts to back it up.
Real Estate Agent · Chesterfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 28 votes
11y
Even in South St Louis there are certain pockets that you want to stay away from. I think it is good to have someone act on your behalf here who can do some due diligence on the area. You can also look at Zipskinny.com and get some demographics info to make an informed decision.
Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
11y
I love investing in St Louis. I'm will admitthati'm a little biasedbecause I live here and invest here. Be careful with who you work with, lots of people in town are looking to take an out of state investor for a ride. St. Louis City can be a different world block by block. So go with a realtor that you trust . I would stay out of noth st louis city its a different world up there on par with East St Louis the rate of returns look sexy but they're hard to achieve with high turn over. I tryed North St Louis City and crash and burned. North county can be good but I prefer south st louis where you can get good returns and rent to good people. I have a management company but we are only taking clients that have property in South St Louis. Typical construction of south city is brick about 3 layer deep with hard wood floors these house were built to last. Most have flat roof but that nothing to shy away from. In the county it can range from brick to stick built with siding with regular pitched roofs. The rental market is very strong and one of the few places that you can buy a home have a mortgage and still make money.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/st-louis-...
http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2013/10/19/10-rea...http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/2012/03/st...http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/what-s-outlook...
Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
11y
Sorry I should have preferences my response with this.
I got asked this question so i thought i would post my reply.
Can you give me a little bit of information about the St. Louis, MO market as well as some credible sources to back it up as a good market to buy and hold properties?
Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
11y
How does a person know if they are buying in South St Louis city? what zip codes is this area. A realtor sent me a listing at 30k. I am offering less but it is hard to tell if it south st Louis or not.
Real Estate Agent · Chesterfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 28 votes
11y
Even in South St Louis there are certain pockets that you want to stay away from. I think it is good to have someone act on your behalf here who can do some due diligence on the area. You can also look at Zipskinny.com and get some demographics info to make an informed decision.