Skip Tracing

6 Replies

I'm having a hard time locating the owners current address to the distressed properties I'm finding. Would using a company that specializes in skip tracing help me find a solution to my problem? If so which company would you recommend?

TLO is what I prefer, it can be a pain in the butt to get setup... but at $1 each with no minimum order per month, it is my favorite option.

Medium anson blue2 copyAnson Young, Anson Property Group | 303‑475‑9999 | Podcast Guest on Show #235

Originally posted by @Anson Young :

TLO is what I prefer, it can be a pain in the butt to get setup... but at $1 each with no minimum order per month, it is my favorite option.

Thanks Anson! 

Hey Guys!

What does TLO stand for? I use Spokeo now but their info is not always accurate or up to date. I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more posts

404‑557‑0867

I use Been Verified and it is pretty good.  A subscription costs about $60/yr.

Originally posted by @Philip Bashaw :

Hey Guys!

What does TLO stand for? I use Spokeo now but their info is not always accurate or up to date. I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more posts

Funny you would ask that... If you have some time just Google Hank Asher and come to your own conclusions about TLO. The Last One is what it stands for.... and yes Spokeo is lousy

Yes Skip tracing is the term for finding people. You can also just Google "People Finder"  FindTheSeller.com is one option, PrivateEye.com is another.  Some of the pay sites let you buy a one day or one moth subscription so you can save money by batching your results. 

Most of these companies are just repackaging info from Lexus Nexis or the major credit reporting agencies. You can go directly to them to buy their products.

You can also pay a private detective. This will cost real money $75 to $300 but can be worth it for the right deal. My partner found two deal this year via our private detective and we made $20K on those two deals.

Medium crab1 copyNed Carey, Crab Properties LLC | http://baltimorerealestateinvestingblog.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you