• Irving, TX
Votes |
Found new foundation problems before closing

Jaimie Chen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Irving, TX
Posted Dec 24 2014, 23:24

Hi BP Community,

We found a REO that had been rehabbed through the house: new wall, floor, appliances and had foundation work done on a corner of house. ACs and roof are still the original should still have few years to be last.

Price was right, inspection went smooth and the bank took our offer.  Just during the final walk through, we found new cracks on inside and outside of house we did not seen before. Inspection report did not document those area. 

I was 100% sure there was no crack on ceiling, no crack on the wall next to window. However, I am not sure if the outside cracks were there before. Outside cracks we found now are as wide as 1/4 inch.

This house is about 2600 sqf, two story. We only have foundation warranty but not report. The foundation was done about 5 month ago, and is on the other side of house. The ground still wet due to the rain lately. 

My question are, will new cracks appear that fast? Last time we went into the house is only a month ago. This will be an investment property. 

In the mean time, I will try to get a report from foundation company. I would love to hear inputs from you. Thanks.

Loading replies...