Grand Rapids, MI self directed IRA

9 Replies

Hi,

I am looking into rolling over money from my 403b to a self directed IRA. Does anyone have experience with anyone here in town? I would like to use someone local instead of an online organization.

If you don't find someone local I use Mountain West IRA in Idaho and Florida. Their fees are very reasonable, their service is top notch and I do all my transactions with them via email or fax unless I just want to stop in and say hello. They handle clients all over the country.

Thanks Tom I will contact them if I don't find anyone in the area.

Account Closed 

That class sounds very interesting @micheal lerch. The link that was posted expired in October. Are they having another class?

@Benjamin Palasek ,

To make the @ work, do the following:

Hold down the shift key and type @?

Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.
Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.

If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.
Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.

Raymond

@Auspria Wade  

We use Quest IRA for our self directed Roth. I highly recommend browsing their webinar archive.

http://www.questira.com/

https://www.questira.com/all-events/webinar-archiv...

And their prohibited transactions advice.

https://www.questira.com/education-center/ira-proh...

We operate a drywall business and prefer to leverage our trade contacts and employees in order to do our own property upgrades and maintenance. The IRA prohibits hands-on management and sweat equity. With all of the tax advantages that real estate ownership offers beyond the qualified retirement plans, we've recently wrestled with the value of using our IRAs for retirement investing.

That said, the self-directed IRA is a great option to use to meet many real estate investing goals. Quest IRA has been a great resource for education resources, and they are well staffed and ready to answer questions every time that I call them. One of the principles traveled from their Lansing office to make sure that our last closing went smoothly. Their service orientation is reassuring.

Happy investing!

While I haven't taken this step myself yet, I would second what @Chad Hovermale has to say about Quest IRA, based on my interactions with one of their executives. Joedy has presented on this topic at my local real estate meetup (Lansing) and has always been helpful and willing in answering questions from all of us in the group. He's based in Mason and can be reached at [email protected] or 517-381-8911 ext 3592. He's been a great help to many of us in the local group.

@Auspria Wade  

if you don't find anything local I'm with MidlandIRA here in Chicago. They came highly recommended and I have nothing but good reviews in my experience with them so far.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.