MICRO WHOLESALING

15 Replies

Has anyone done this? I'm trying to find legit info on it....What is it exactly?

Have no idea, I'm beginning to think gurus have conventions where they do nothing more than dream up new names for old stuff. Well, I know they have conventions, there is a real estate educators association site that seems pretty close. Need new inventory to sell and lead the trend of "all you need to know is what we sell you" !

Is that all you have, just a title?

Anyone have a clue, please chime in.  :)

I did some searching around the web and found a copy of the webinar that's being promoted.  It's about flipping and selling real estate leads to investors.  Allegedly, you can get investors to pre-pay for leads up front and use this to find leads via arbitrage. Apparently there's some software platform involved that's supposed to automate this.

Originally posted by @Connie Covert :

Has anyone done this? I'm trying to find legit info on it....What is it exactly?

Is it like micro-managing? How does it work? 

Kudos,

Mary

Originally posted by @Patrick Huey :

I did some searching around the web and found a copy of the webinar that's being promoted.  It's about flipping and selling real estate leads to investors.  Allegedly, you can get investors to pre-pay for leads up front and use this to find leads via arbitrage. Apparently there's some software platform involved that's supposed to automate this.

Oh ok. So that's the new REI title for 2015 I guess. It used to be called birddogging then property locator now ''micro-wholesaling''. Mmkay, whatever works.

Kudos,

Mary 

Thank you all for your replies. May be that @MaryB.

New names, slight twist on old game! OK then....lol

@Connie Covert  I have never heard the term either, but agree with @Bill Gulley  

If there really is something new called "Micro wholesaling", Imwould love to know what is is too. 

@patrick where did you find the copy at I would be interested in checking it out 

I just watched this webinar.  As I've watched many a "guru" intro webinars it gives you a bunch of dvds on how to wholesale/flip leads.  The guru who is selling this program is Rob Swanson...distant cousin to the infamous Ron Swanson.

Its  seems slightly different than bird-dogging/property locator.

It made me think, since REI is becoming more and more competitive and a big way to generate leads is direct mail marketing using various listing source sites. Could one build a list of wholesalers who use lists, buy the lists and then sell to the wholesalers who would be interested at a discount.

Example: Buy list of absentee owners for say $1000, flip that list to say 4 wholesalers for $500 each for $2000, or $1000 profit.  Don't know the legality or how ethical that is but essential that's what it micro wholesaling seems like.

Maybe it's wholesaling of tiny homes? ;)

Hey Jim,

You could be right. Either it's selling tiny homes, or selling outhouses. 

I know a few hobbits who are interested.  They can be contacted at The Shire. 

I just listened to it and Patrick Huey has it about right. Its about selling motivated seller leads to motivated buyers at $8 / lead  in groups of 50 to 100. You can advertise the leads initially and buyers will send you the money up front then you turn around and buy them from another source for less money and keep the profit. Rob calls this Arbitrage. - Re selling someone else's product for a higher price. My unanswered question to him was how did he set a price of $8.00/ lead- just how fresh and qualified are they?.  Course and software price - $497 along with the usual bonuses if you sign up immediately.

Has anyone actually had any success w Rob Swanson's Micro Wholesaling?

Thank you for your response!

Dan Nolan

Originally posted by @Daniel Nolan :

I just listened to it and Patrick Huey has it about right. Its about selling motivated seller leads to motivated buyers at $8 / lead  in groups of 50 to 100. You can advertise the leads initially and buyers will send you the money up front then you turn around and buy them from another source for less money and keep the profit. Rob calls this Arbitrage. - Re selling someone else's product for a higher price. My unanswered question to him was how did he set a price of $8.00/ lead- just how fresh and qualified are they?.  Course and software price - $497 along with the usual bonuses if you sign up immediately.

Has anyone actually had any success w Rob Swanson's Micro Wholesaling?

Thank you for your response!

Dan Nolan

Has anyone heard any additional information about this tactic of Micro Wholesaling?  I've received some information regarding it and was curious of the legality of the concept?

Thanks for your time and response!

Jennifer Elliott 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here