Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Kirk R.
  • Peoria, IL
Votes |
MY Realtor has started Working for THEIR side.

Kirk R.
  • Peoria, IL
Posted Jan 12 2015, 15:47

I have been working toward a buying a house using a Realtor as my Buying Agent.  Deal is supposed to close the end of this month January.

Summarizing, I made it clear to MY $#@!ing Realtor that I did NOT want my deal to proceed.

So far my Realtor has blamed me for missing a termite appointment - not my fault.  & accused me of Renegotiating and being unethical (not true IMO - using inspections).  Then without talking to me he went out and got quotes for paint.  I need the paint to be done or else I can EASILY get out through the financing.  Then he negotiated with selling Realtors - the sellers had already said NO to paint -  to split the paint costs.

Just a few examples.  He is currently communicating directly with my banker and bad mouthing me and trying to FORCE the deal through.  Hmmm think he wants his commission.

& he is ignorant about the contract.  He should have put in a repair amendment when some inspections were done.  He is now confused when the final contract went through.  An amendment was done now becoming the point that I had 14 days to conduct the inspection.  I had the inspection done in this 14 day window.  Ironically it was his inspector. I could have been more assertive here also.  Inspection was done on the 19th and spending time with my family.....

Main issue with this deal is I did a ton of due diligence and after all the due diligence the numbers are BAD.

I know - don't work with another bad Realtor.  & pick a good Lawyer?  I am currently treating him like he is working for the Selling side - which is the way it used to be way back when.  It was clear BOTH Realtors worked for the seller.

He is being a insert explicative here. He is telling me I won't get my earnest money back. & I paid for a VA appraisal/inspection already. Possible to get this money back? I still would like to shop for a deal using my VA loan.

Any way to get more money out of this deal?  Lawyer on contingency.  Leave it alone and write it off?

I am thinking my next step will be FORCE him to submit a repair amendment for everything I feel needs done.  IMO clear in REALTOR provided contract - that heating/cooling structural electricity are included as inspection items.  I could not see these issues til the inspector pointed them out.  Hence he is saying I Reneged unethical etc.  Listing did say "AS IS" my opinion listing can say whatever.

Without the seller negotiating this is a NO deal.  I would be good with them putting it back on the market and if no one buys it - I am still interested in the deal.  I think they probably can get it sold at the price point we are at.

Appreciate any suggestions.  I will NEVER being working with buyer's agent again - probably;)

apologies for post length.

Loading replies...