Real state in puerto rico

20 Replies

Hi, my name is Roberto, im a real state investor in puerto rico. Is there someone else from puerto rico?

Hi there! Just got back from vacationing there last weekend. Love that place!!!

Really? where did you go? i hope you at least visit el yunque!

we came for SanSe. Stayed in Condado at Hilton Plaza.

You wnt tothe sanse!!! i was there on saturday one of the biggest event in puerto rio!!thats awesome. El yunque is a national rainforest in rio grande. its all nature and its has a great view once you get to the top! so did you see el morro while you were in the sanse?

Another Puerto Rican here. There are a few in BP. Saludos!

yep. From carolina we are few but getting bigger! bendiciones para ti y tus seres queridos.

De que parte de San Juan eres?

Are there note buying opportunities in Puerto Rico?

I'm from the island but living in Houston for the past two years. Welcome to BP. 

Welcome to BP, Roberto! I'm not from PR, but I love it there :) My last visit I went to Rincon; it was fabulous. Got to see some beautiful hotel properties (Horned Dorset) and just a relaxed vibe down in Rincon (not that all of PR isn't relaxed). My friends that I was with live in PR, and they daydreamed with me about buying  a property someday.

I typically stay in the Condado area; however, next time I visit, I'll be staying at the Water & Beach Club Hotel in Carolina. I want to go to a golf tournament at the St. Regis property in Rio Grande one day...sigh.

thanks guys for the warm welcome. Christopher im not sure but i dont think that they are not good right now, but i will look for it and let you know.

Chante Rincon is a really nice place to be relaxed!

Really glad to see a good welcome for your post Coreano!

I'll take the opportunity to thank the BiggerPockets community for our welcome.
I am also from Puerto Rico, not yet in the business, but a passionate reader of the blog, educating myself & looking forward to start one!

I just got back from Vieques and I see a potential opportunity for a 3 or 4 bedroom vacation rental near the coast. Anyone know where I can find information on sales trends in that area?

@Steven Anderson I haven't gotten any information. I tried reaching out to realtors there, but they were a bit flaky. For vacation rental data, specifically AirBNB, https://www.airdna.co/ is solid. 

Hi Chris - I have a triplex on Vieques on the Beach side of Bravos de Boston and the Vieques Garden District. The property comprises a main house and two one-bedroom guest houses surrounded by gardens. I go down several times a year, and have other family based on the East Coast that use the property. I've also had great luck with rentals. You can walk to the beach from the property, and it has ocean views.

I'm used to the Southern California market, and Vieques seems pretty informal in comparison. I'm not sure you'll be able to find any objective information - from what I have observed a lot of transactions are handled between private parties (limited information available on for example the MLS).

Let me know if I can provide any information or advice.

Ola' Muchacos,

What kind of location is Condado Isla Verde?

Depending on the exact location, quality and price varies. Condado is in San Juan, Puerto Rico; Isla Verde is in Carolina, Puerto Rico. Both locations are tourist areas with lots of beach front condos. Mostly expensive and if you find a great deal, it can make you some money as a Vacation Rental.

Saludos @Roberto Coreano,

Any questions related to RE feel free to contact me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.