contemplating first rental purchase in collegetown

2 Replies

Here is a quick rundown from the limited info I gathered.

Condo is a premier complex with great clubhouse and pool. It is 3 bed and 3 bath.

Hoa fee $163 year

Rent:$1200 easily and possible up to $1350.

Very easy to rent here and is located in athens. 

Sales price is 99000 where similar condo are 130k and 2 bed, 2 bath are going for 95k

I haven't run the breakdown as I am at work but I'm thinking with a conservative estimate of $1200 a month I'm profiting $400 a month easy after all expenses (will manage property myself).

My main question is what are my finance options, as that is something I've done little research on. I  only want to put 10% down. I make about 125k and have 65k in student loans (paying off in 5 years so 1233 a month  , a 498 car payment over 5 years and my mortgage with all expenses is 971.00 a month .

Thanks for Any info

@Nathaniel S.   Best case scenerio as long as the condo is able to be approved, you can do 15 percent down, with Fannie Mae guidelines. The condo seems like a good deal. You can ask the seller to pay your closing costs to also decrease money out of your pocket.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.