I am have finally decided to take the first steps in real estate investing and am looking for some advice / tips in terms of areas to focus on please (or anything else a seasoned investor may offer). I am based in northern NJ, but primarily looking at areas in upstate and western NY (specifically, Buffalo, Ithaca, Albany and Rochester). Specifically, I am looking to invest in 2 - 4 unit homes, in the less than 400k price range. I am mainly looking for cash flow, appreciation would also be great, but not the main focus.
So my questions are:
1) Would anyone who has had success in any of the NY state markets have time to chat to discuss their experiences in their respective market?
2) What kind of cap-rates/COC returns have experienced/successful investors in these markets expereiced?
3) Are there any contacts in these markets who are knoledgeable and I should reach out?
Thank you so much to anyone gracious enough to offer their time and help!
I live in Ithaca and we are different (in more ways than one). We have a vacancy rate of 0.8% and our home values have increased 40% in the past 10 years, both of those numbers are actually almost unheard of.
I'm not sure if you have moved forward in your adventure in RE yet but I just thought I would reach out.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.