Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Help me handle some objections I am running into.

Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Jan 31 2015, 13:20

I have a home that I am going to look at tomorrow. I have bought 2 other homes on the street over from it and so I know the area/market well. I want to take a contract and get it signed while I am there. 

I normally let them give me a number and work down from there based off of work needed. 

The seller had a family member living in the house who went into hospice. The home is owned free and clear. However they can't afford to pay the utilities, taxes, and insurance. It is a 3/1.5 with 1500 sqft. It is built in 1917. It also has a lot on either side of it that come with it. ($$$) 

Seller does not know what they would like to get out of it. My plan is to go off of what I paid for the other homes (both distressed) in the area and go from there. 

Objection one: I really don't know what it's worth. I need to do some research. How do you approach that scenario for an on the spot close? I normally get told they will look at zillow and let me know what they think its worth. Which we all know can be painfully inaccurate. 

Loading replies...