Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Wesley Merville
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Giving Multiple Offers to the Same Sellers?

Wesley Merville
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Feb 12 2015, 07:45

So I live in NY and went to my first REA last night in NJ, it was amazing!  I met a whole group of people and it was twice as exhilarating to meet so many people.

I also realized I had been over complicating things and that getting started was going to be significantly easier than I had expected from having read too much.

While there someone mentioned a strategy I hadn't seen before - Giving multiple offers to the same seller. Essentially a house that's been sitting for a long time without selling, you give them 3 different offers at once, and they're more likely to say "which offer should we take" instead of "should we take the offer."

Not only that but you can give them a few different creative offers, the first could be seller financing, the second could be sub2, and the 3rd some other creative variation or maybe a lower cash offer.

I'm curious if anyone has done this and could perhaps explain an example for how to do it successfully.  Would a RE agent do this for me or would I need to get my own RE license since no self respecting agent would have time for this?

How much time goes into writing an offer?

Loading replies...