Staging

9 Replies

How many people believe staging plays an important role in marketing your properties? 

How many people think it's too costly?

How many people believe potential buyers can see past an empty space and visualize the potential? 

This is by no means an advertisement for my business. It is strictly curiosity. I know as an investor it's all about the quick flip, but isn't it also about aesthetics? Whenever I see a commercial, the advertisers stage the set so the product will be more appealing. It's marketing genius. So here is my question:

Why are so many realtors and investors anti-staging? And if they are not, why is it never mentioned in their step by step guides to successful sales?

If you are retailing, I say definitely stage it.  I do.  Cost benefit is there for me.

@Tiana McKinney   i my area investors are not at all anti staging. I don't think real estate agents are either. Any agent that is, ought to try learning something new.

All for Staging here!

I was curious because I hardly see or hear realtors or investors speak about it. I was hoping that it is a part of their marketing plan but just not spoken about. Maybe us stagers are your secret weapon. Lol

Originally posted by @Tiana McKinney :.
So here is my question:

Why are so many realtors and investors anti-staging? And if they are not, why is it never mentioned in their step by step guides to successful sales?

I think somewhat of a stretch to say "so many realtors and investors are anti-staging". Just because they aren't doing it or promoting it doesn't mean they're "anti". Could be that they're not aware of the idea, don't know the cost benefit or they do know the cost benefit and don't think it's worth it. That's a great thing for you because you can be the one to introduce the idea to them, educate them on the benefits of staging or suggest they add it to their step-by-step guides.

I'd definitely stage if i were selling a home that would benefit from it.

This post has been removed.

Husband and I went to a model home and then went to the exact same floorplan spec home down the street. Makes a huge difference...model home seemed bigger and home seemed higher quality overall.

Absolutely a good idea!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here