yellow letters

4 Replies

have any buy and hold investors had much success with using yellowletters.com to find leads. i am in philly and i was thinking about targeting absentee landlords. i invest in lower income areas and i know those neighborhoods tend to chew up and spit out landlords this is why i was thinking about yellowletters to absentee landlords. 

your thoughts BP?????

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!  Do it and report back every couple months with an update on how it's going.  But listen to some of the podcasts & read some of the blog posts on direct mail first in order to get the most return on your marketing dollars.

And if you find any deals through this process that you are looking to wholesale, send them my way!

-Ethan

Yellow Letter (direct mail) marketing is one of the most effective methods to get leads. One of the reasons is that the intention is to communicate directly with the owner of a property. Short of meeting the person face to face, a personal letter that is opened and read by the recipient is direct communication.

Direct mail marketing has many different styles and approaches a marketer can utilize.  The best one to use is something you are comfortable with and like well enough to stick it out for a period of time. Just like every type of marketing, persistence and follow up are necessary components for success. 

I absolutely love discussing direct mail marketing and can make recommendations upon request. The Bigger Pockets site is loaded with suggestions and success stories.  

@Matthew Tierney  

I'm in my third monthly round of direct mail. I use the services of yellowletters.com (Hooyah to @Michael Quarles ). I am targeting absentee owners. So far, I have purchased a 4/2/2 SFR in town and a 3/2/0 SFR on 2.25 acres in the country. I'm going to keep the 4/2/2 SFR as a rental and I plan to re-sell the 3/2/0 SFR. So in answer to your question, I believe that buy and hold investors can have success using direct mail advertising.

yeah john the michael Quarles podcast might be my favorite. i have six rentals right now and getting financing is becoming harder and harder also i am getting pickier and pickier with the deals i want to pursue so i figured a direct mail campaign could land me a great subject to deal. this way i could get the deep discount with built in financing. although i have never done a deal subject to but i would love to add it to my arsenal.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.