General Flip Question (suggestions wanted)

8 Replies

I have a 2 bed 2bath flip that has a study in between the two bedrooms. It has a closet and a smoke detector already there. My question is what would you guys do with these french doors? Keep the look and get new non-glass french doors or?? 

I would rather not do any framing here can anyone suggest something that might look good and make this work with the current opening?? See attached pic

House is 1481 sq ft and has a attached 2 car garage, the mentioned study is a large as the non-master bedroom..

(J Scott Mark Ferguson what would you do?)

No sorry the doors are separating the Study from the living room area. All the bedrooms and the study are on one end (or side) of the house..

The photo was taken from the living room area looking into the study.   

The study it's own room, just the glass french doors won't work for bedroom doors.

Hate not to make it a bedroom since I have the closet and Smoke Det..

Could I just list it as a 3/2 but leave the french doors??

Originally posted by @Mark Ferguson:

I see what you are saying. Why not put curtains on the inside of the doors? The people can use it as a bedroom or office. The doors look nice. 

Agreed with Mark...and yes, I would definitely list it as a 3/2.  The type of door doesn't distinguish between bedroom and non-bedroom.

You can also have your agent tell prospective buyer's agents (before the showing) that there is a "flex room" that can be a bedroom or an office, and that you'd be happy to replace the glass french doors with non-glass french doors should the buyer be interested in having it that way.

Thanks Mark and J for the responses

I will list as 3/2 and have that in the notes in the listing.

Both suggestions much appreciated

You can replace just the door slabs to a 6-panel leaving teh door frame and casing or what ever style that you would like, then you can use it for a bedroom, no framing involved

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you