Private Investigator in Tampa, Fl.

4 Replies

Hey BPers,

I feel like I have been backed into a corner and need to hire a private investigator. I found an abandon property that I am really interested in but have no clue where the owner is. I feel I have done all the search strategies that are free. I am now hoping to get a reference for a private investigator located in or near Tampa, Fl. Please let me know if anyone can help. Would really hate to give up on this property.

@Kape Pierre  ,

To find a vacant homeowner I would suggest using skip tracing. It was developed by the FBI and CIA to find people. I havent used it but have heard others who have and had success. My guess is if you were to higher a private investigator they would more than likely use skip trace or their trusty old magnify glass ; )

Walter 

thanks for the advice @walter pape. I kept hearing about skip tracing but was not sure if it was a private investigation method or another search program. I'll will definitely look into it more

If you have any friends in law  enforcement maybe they could help. I recently saw a house that was going to be sold at a tax deed sale. I went to the last known address of the owner and they had no idea who I was talking about. The people at that address were renting from a 3rd party. I went to that address, and again, no luck. I finally decided there was no easy way to find them. I gave up. So, the tax deed sale occurred and the property got purchased. A couple days later, the house was on the news. It was a grow house. No wonder the owner disappeared LOL!  Fortunately, I did not bid because I could not get any indication of the interior condition of the property and the exterior was pretty bad. I was told by an agent friend that the new owner had overpaid for the property. The moral of this story is due diligence.

@Walter Pape Defintely start with an online Skip Tracing service.  It doesn't cost that much and you are basically getting the same information as what a PI would access.  One site I've used allows you to put in the address and it will show you all of the homes current and past residents and from there you can trace their name. 

Good Luck

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here