HELP! - Can't find my first property!!

5 Replies

I live in Vegas and I want to invest near my house.  I am looking for a condo or house under 200K I can rent out and pull in atleast 250-300 a month net profit of cash flow.  I would like a nicer neighborhood.  I would put down %20 on a conventional loan.

I have been reading and learning everything I can about real estate for the past 2 years and finally built up the courage to buy something about 3 months ago.  But I just cant find anything here!! I am really searching daily for a decent deal where I can make somewhat of cash flow, and get my feet wet in the real estate world.  I know once I get started I will learn fast and do well for myself-but if I buy something and I get messed over somehow, or end up not having cash flow, I will be too hesitant to get further into real estate.  I am not sure if it is Vegas, me, or investment properties in general nowadays, but I just cant find something!!!

Is there anyone with experience in Vegas that can offer some advice, guidance, (or properties :-) ) to help me find my first REI property?? Or anyone anywhere on BP that can help??

(BTW I live in South Summerlin and would prefer to buy my first property within a few miles of my house)

Thanks in advance to any help!!!

summerlin and south summerlin tend to be around 250-500k for properties.. You might want to drive for dollars and find a discressed property. 

Most will rent for 1200-1800.

Still under 1% 

Originally posted by @Brandyn Duff:

summerlin and south summerlin tend to be around 250-500k for properties.. You might want to drive for dollars and find a discressed property. 

Most will rent for 1200-1800.

Still under 1% 

Thanks Brandyn! Your mostly right. But There are patches of area for small 3 bedrooms SFR are around 200 and codos are from 80-215

Id go up to 250 it the rent went up proportionally.

There are plenty of condos and homes between 100-200 Checkout the Southwest area code 89113 

7700 HAMPTON PARK LnLas Vegas, NV 89113 $152,000HOA Dues: $50/mo.

Beds

Baths

1,237 Sq. Ft.$123 / Sq. Ft.

Built: 2005 Lot Size: 1,742 Sq. Ft. On Redfin: 129 days

Exclusive Right

This home is listed as "exclusive right," and is available for sale. The seller's broker will receive a commission from the seller, regardless of who brings the buyer into the purchase.

More Info

thanks steven!  But that area is not summerlin.  I dont know the area very well.  Lower class? Upper class? Appreciation rate in that area? Rental rates?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here