Jason Chang
  • Pasadena, CA
Votes |
Newbie from Pasadena, CA

Jason Chang
  • Pasadena, CA
Posted Mar 13 2015, 15:25

Hi all,

I'm Jason, I'm here in sunny, beautiful, cost-prohibitive SoCal. 

Been doing a lot of research here on BP and listening to podcasts during my commute. Over the last couple months I've been *obsessed* with REI and trying to create a better path to retirement and hopefully an exit strategy out of my 9-9 job. BP has been a fantastic resource to say the least!

Currently getting some financials in order in the next couple months before really getting my boots on the ground to find the right deals. At this point I'm looking into out-of-state, most likely TK (I'm already aware of the forum's distaste for TK, so don't yell at me) but I'm open to any other ideas, so please share!

Hoping to get at least 2-3 properties in my portfolio before the end of the year. Lately have been looking into TX, and although I know the market has been nuts lately, I am slightly biased towards areas that I wouldn't mind visiting. I figure the extra upfront cost is worth a nicer property in a nicer area so I can have nicer tenants, which will hopefully translate into less hassle. Plus Franklin's BBQ is on the bucket list.

I just want to say thanks to you all in advance for your shared thoughts and experiences. I look forward to being a bigger part of the BP community and to meet people in similar situations as me virtually and in person.

Cheers!

Loading replies...