Creative Financing.......Where can I get $175,000 for down payment?

Creative Financing.......Where can I get $175,000 for down payment?

Hampstead, NH · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 1 vote

Hi All, I currently buy & hold 8 units.  There is an 8 unit building nearby (Southern NH) that I am interested in.  And, even if I don't buy that building, I am planning to purchase more units.

I have exhausted my resources buying my first 8 units. I have an equity line on my paid off house for 4 of the units and I use an FHA loan for the other 4 units. They all cash flow and I am pre-paying the mortgage with that cash to be free and clear in 15 years.

I don't have the 25% to put down.  And my mortgage broker tells me I can't use a portfolio lender or do hard money because they want more down or more equity in the purchase.

I know some people with deep pockets, I can ask them for a loan....chances are slim, but I'll ask.

Where else can I come up with $100-$200k?

Thanks for your answers.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Herndon, VA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 324 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ian Handel:

    I know some people with deep pockets, I can ask them for a loan....chances are slim, but I'll ask.

    I think a partnership is more likely to appeal to them rather than giving you a risky loan.  

    Do you own 2 properties with 8 units is each unit a separate property.  If you have 2 properties and are still in the "expansion stage", I would not pay off your mortgages more quickly.  I would instead build up reserves and a down payment for another property.

  • Hampstead, NH · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thanks for your reply.  I have 2 four unit buildings.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.