• Investor
  • Trenton, NJ
Votes |
3 Rowhouses in Trenton

Mike Moreken
  • Investor
  • Trenton, NJ
Posted Mar 23 2015, 07:33

An older couple > 65 years old has 3 row houses for sale for  > 287 days.   They bought these 3 during the boom times (high prices).
Bought home               Price paid      Ask price    Sq-ft
home 1 June '06        $82.5K           $81.9K      1460
home 2 Oct '05          $93.9K           $76K        1120
home 3 Mar '06         $62.9K            $77K         892

Homes 1 + 2 for sale in Dec 2013 $74.5K, 75.3K respectively.    They initially put home 3 up for sale Mar 2012 for $112K.  

Outlandish?
home 1 $56/sq-ft      home 2 $67/sq-ft        home 3 $86/sq-ft
They are renting or have for rent all 3 homes.  They live ~20 miles away.

They may also have at least one tenant from _____.  This tenant ~family just broke the glass on screen door next to my property.  So had to sweep glass into my lawn, when glass was revealed after snow melted.  Took me a minute to find source of glass across mutual front porch.  

This tenant is a twit, had one minor run in with them in my rehab phase.  They threatened to sue since a tree truck was left over night on her/our property.  She did back down, and truck (my contractors) left next day.  Then learned she was a tenant!

How does one approach a couple like this? Bought at high time, etc. My thought is one must do a walk through with inspector + estimate any repair costs. Then inflated price - repairs.  I might want to make it a pkg deal. 

I have one prospective tenant asking if he can rent to own the one I just put up for rent after large rehab.   I'm thinking Rich Dad game, one can bite off too much.  But economies of scale is attractive.

Loading replies...