Ever experience didn't buy remorse?

2 Replies

Hey BP nation,

I was cruising through the MLS today and saw a property that I had looked at, evaluated but didn't buy because I didn't have the funds at the time, sell for half of the asking price. I could have died! If only the timing would have been better, if I'd only had the cash, etc., etc. Now that I have the funds, the market for my price range has dried up and I've made a few offers with no luck. Any of y'all ever experience this?

Yes, I hate it hehe.  Its even worse when you look at a property you saw for sale 10 or 15 years ago and it has doubled in price.  One recent one was where a property had 5 units, but was too high, and I didn't have the 20% to make for the bank to loan the 80%.  I saw a guy bought it for 100% owner financing with a 5 year balloon.  Finally just last week I heard someone bought a great rental I really wanted but could not get the owner to negotiate.  Oh well.

Yes. It was a condo in Sacramento for 80k. Similar condos sale for 120k-150k. Hiss thinking about it makes me mad.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.