Ever experience didn't buy remorse?

2 Replies

Hey BP nation,

I was cruising through the MLS today and saw a property that I had looked at, evaluated but didn't buy because I didn't have the funds at the time, sell for half of the asking price. I could have died! If only the timing would have been better, if I'd only had the cash, etc., etc. Now that I have the funds, the market for my price range has dried up and I've made a few offers with no luck. Any of y'all ever experience this?

Yes, I hate it hehe.  Its even worse when you look at a property you saw for sale 10 or 15 years ago and it has doubled in price.  One recent one was where a property had 5 units, but was too high, and I didn't have the 20% to make for the bank to loan the 80%.  I saw a guy bought it for 100% owner financing with a 5 year balloon.  Finally just last week I heard someone bought a great rental I really wanted but could not get the owner to negotiate.  Oh well.

Yes. It was a condo in Sacramento for 80k. Similar condos sale for 120k-150k. Hiss thinking about it makes me mad.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you