Perfectly Nasty Hubzu Deal

3 Replies

Watching a Hubzu auction that ends tonight. Its base bid is too high so it will likely expire. The place is perfectly nasty to scare most away and I would like to have it at the right price.

Anyone ever try to contact the listing agent shown or even the bank to make an offer, post expired auction? How'd it go?

It's a road to nowhere... For the listings in my area, the MLS listings are posted by someone who I believe just posts the Hubzu houses only. I never see the company/brokerage (I think it's Real Property Services or something similar) ever involved in any other type of listings.

You'll likely get a canned response from the "listing agent" that all offers must be made through Hubzu. They'll just keep reposting the auction every week until there's a winning bid that meets the reserve or a winning bidder that accepts their counter-offer if the bid didn't meet the reserve.

Eh well, I'll give it a good effort, let my realtor see if he can find a good contact as well.

You can only buy those properties off HUBZU. You can't submit an offer any other way. They are pretty clear on that and the prices they will take on them. They handle thousands of properties all over the country and they set it up so they don't have to deal with agents and contracts. 

As it was mentioned, they will re list the auction if they don't get the right offer. If they don't get the right price they will slowly lower the price.  

Mark Ferguson, http://Investfourmore.com | [email protected] | http://investfourmore.com | Podcast Guest on Show #68

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you