How to get a property value?

6 Replies

Is there an easy way to found out real quick what a property is worth besides looking up the assessors office page?? is there software others are using to figure it? or ?? While I was at a property for another business that I operate doing a insurance inspection, a daughter informed me their mom passed away last week and wanting to sell house NOW, she informed me her mom paid $40,000 4 years ago, I said, I'm an investor, she ask what I would offer, I told her $11,000, she accepted, I was blown away, I see on assessors page it's worth 78,000... NOT wanting to over pay or under pay for a property, how are others figuring what to offer? and what it's worth. Thanks

The assessor' page doesn't really mean squat. Ask a realtor buddy, look at recent sales in the area, but assessor won't be of much help to you when finding your AMV

You can get actually comps using the REIPro Software, these comps come directly from the sales documents filed at your county courthouse. It's better than the MLS. You can check it out at: www.myreipro.com

@Chris Goff - I bought your wholesaling course and I love it! I already closed 3 wholesale deals and hopefully my 4th deal this month. I watched the demo of the software and it looks pretty cool, but I don't see how much it costs. What are the costs?

Sure, MLS sales are not all sales. REIPro pulls every recorded sale including all MLS properties and For Sale By Owners. You can check it out at: www.myreipro.com

@Emilio Basa what course are you referring to? Do you care to share what @Chris Goff material? I'd like to see in what ways it could help me also. Thank you in advance!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.