Pay Per Lead

4 Replies

Would people be willing to pay $1/lead instead of a monthly subscription fee like LoopNet charges? 

what kind of lead?  $1 is nothing in the world of lead gen. 

Originally posted by @Blair Poelman :

what kind of lead?  $1 is nothing in the world of lead gen. 

You would pay $1 everytime you wanted to click on a listing that was posted on a website. You would have most of the pertinent information on the lead such as NOI, Price, ARV, Square footage available for free but you would have to pay $1 to get the actual address of the property.

mIght be worth paying eventually, but for me there would have to be more value-add services than just the address.  Before you can gather data and run analysis you need users and transaction volume.   

often times properties are listed on more than 1 website.  Would your system have only exclusive inventory not advertised anywhere else?  As a seller, I wouldn't do that.  I need as many eyes on my property as possible, and I don't want to put any roadblocks in front of people. i.e. make it easy for people to buy from you.

Loopnet has a suite of other services which help to justify their cost.  

Also, many commercial agents use services like loopnet instead of their local MLS, so to them it makes sense. To others it doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by @Blair Poelman :

mIght be worth paying eventually, but for me there would have to be more value-add services than just the address.  Before you can gather data and run analysis you need users and transaction volume.   

often times properties are listed on more than 1 website.  Would your system have only exclusive inventory not advertised anywhere else?  As a seller, I wouldn't do that.  I need as many eyes on my property as possible, and I don't want to put any roadblocks in front of people. i.e. make it easy for people to buy from you.

Loopnet has a suite of other services which help to justify their cost.  

Also, many commercial agents use services like loopnet instead of their local MLS, so to them it makes sense. To others it doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the feedback, it definitely makes sense to encourage as many views as possible for each listing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.