Best website for finding COMPS?

8 Replies

I am seeing what is the better websites to find comps besides MLS, because I don't have access to MLS anytime I want.

Any suggestions would be amazing!!!

Trulia and zillow is all I need. For me what has sold far out weighs what's being listed. To that point. based on county and state I see I big difference in what's sold and at what price. In some areas I invest in the price history data on my mentioned sites is not there. Probably due to different recording procedures.

@Robert LaBrie Thank you for the input!!

Not sure if its in your market but www.Redfin.com is a great resource

Hey Jason!

I decided to pay the $80/mth and go with investway so I could have access anytime I need it. If that doesn't fit your budget check out the links in Steve Babiak's post.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/77999-finding-comps---faq

I would definitely recommend Redfin, if it's in your area as it's not nationwide (but it is growing. 

You could also see if your county has sales data online, not all of them have data or good quality and easy to access data online though. 

Thanks everyone for the tips! I've been playing on Redfin a little and seems to be good source

@Arica Savannah  
I just checked out Investway, seems interesting. Can you tell me what you like about it and is it worth the monthly fee in your opinion? Budget isn't necessarily a problem if I can justify it

@Jason Hastings

I've only been using it a short time but I find it easy to use and understand and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it also provided rental comps.  Having access to this data when I need it, to me is worth the cost. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here