Researching property info question... Please help. :)

3 Replies

Ok, so I've spotted a house on Zillow that is for sale at $75k. The house is clearly worth more, in fact Zillow's "Zestimate" says it's worth $203k. I went over to the property apprasier search site for the county and feel as if I'm blind to what I'm looking for. I guess what I'm asking is, how do I get more details on the property, for instance, why is it selling so low, and if maybe this is an opportunity for subject to or wholesaling. Can somebody tell  me what steps I should take to learn more about the property and what may be flags for an opportunity? I mean, obviously driving there and knocking on the door to talk to a person is my first thought, but what if the house is vacant?

Also, if I can acquire it through a subject to deal I'd like to actually put my family in it since it's an ideal location for us. What should I look for before taking that step? Title searches, any delinquencies maybe? 

Thanks,

Nino

Talk to the listing agent, drive by, etc.  If it's a short sale, it could have a low ball asking price to generate interest, which doesn't relate to the price that will be accepted by the shorted lender.

Thanks for the prompt response Wayne. I'll be digging further into this.

Nino

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.