will this guy get financing?

8 Replies

i spoke to an older lady. her husband passed away and she moved but kept the house.

the house got broken in to. copper pipes stolen and two feet of water in the basement. not sure what else is wrong.

first time i spoke to her, i thought it was a deal. she seemed relieved to be talking to me. she said that her insurance company does not want anyone entering the home until they check it out.

i followed up with her the next week. she said that now the insurance company wants her to take pictures and she hasnt had time. so i still cant check out the home to buy it. (is there any way i can get her to speed up the process?)

on top of that, she said that her old neighor has been wanting to buy it so he gets the first offer but he needs to see if he can get financing from the bank.  (what are the chances of him getting financing from a bank?)

He could get a 203K loan. 

Keep up the rapport with her, and keep following up. The neighbor could buy or not. Still, good follow-up might very well gain you the deal. 

what about helping her speed up the process with insurance company?

I was thinking you could volunteer to go with her to take the photos. Give you great face time to build rapport and see the house at the same time. 

@Danny Woodson Well, I am not a lawyer, but I would think there is nothing illegal about accompanying an owner to their own home. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.