Pittsburgh, Pa Wholesaler Newbie

4 Replies

Looking for some help on using the right contract for wholesaling in Pennsylvania.  I keep hearing every state is different, I would appreciate if any real estate investor in Pennsylvania would share or advice me on a proper contract for wholesaling in Pennsylvania.

I am an agent and we use the PAR but that is too detailed for wholesaling (13 pages) I would recommend you go to an office store like staples, they sell a 3 page document it will cost you around $10 and then you can make copies.

Hope this helps!

Ian Hoover, Real Estate Agent in PA (#RM423721)

Eddie

send me your contact email and i will send you one that you can use.  I can also give you about 11 RE lawyers that I work with.

You might also want to check out my club. we are over 800 Pittsburgh area investors and we buy a lot of property. Pittsburgh REIA

To your success

Josh

@Josh Caldwell , I was actually looking for the same thing as @Eddie Perez . I have read PA can be tricky with assignments and also has a "wet funds" rule? I have a local real estate attorney that has helped me with my rental issues. I would love to have a contract for her to look over. Would you mind if I sent you my contact email as well? I am about 2 hours from pittsburgh and it looks like your REIA group is closest to me. We have a local landlords association but I don't think anyone around here does wholesaling.

Isaac

We do not assign in PA, we record our option or purchase and sale contract and we get paid to release that cloud on the title.   Assigning will get you in all sorts of trouble in PA. 

good question. 

The release will also keep you out of trying to double close in our state, we have horrific transfer taxes.

To your success

Josh

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you