Whats the best skip tracer company?

9 Replies

I need to find the owner to a vacant house.  All I have is the owners names from the property tax info (no forwarding address for the bill).  What skip tracers are fast and good?  

ussearch.com   cheap and not always accurate.

findtheseller.com    expensive ($25)but very accurate.

tloxp.xom - Cheap but very accurate. Not quick. You have to apply for permission to use.

Thanks!  I will use the most accurate one. hehe

@Rita Temple   How did this work out for you?  I am sitting on about 20 vacant house leads and cant seem to find a working number.  Every time I get a number it is disconnected or out of service.  I need a quick way to pursue these leads other than wait for my mailers to get to them.  

@Michael G. Do you have a recommendation for a subscription based company with a low minimum or will it always be pay per use?  Also, just to be clear I am really only interested in their current cell phone numbers.  Do the sites you listed above generally have that information?  I am afraid to sign up and then not get the one piece of information I need.  

Thank you both in advance for your help.

@Andrew Michael -

tloxp.com - Cheap but very accurate. It's $2 per search + a $60 buy -in fee. They send out an inspector.  You have to make sure you have a separate room with a lock on the door and also with a cabinet that locks and a laptop with a password. Reason being is that you have access to peoples SS numbers with this service so they don't want a security issue or chance of identity theft. You will get cell phones numbers all day. The findtheseller.com site is also very accurate and you will get cell phone numbers but its expensive. the ussearch.com is horrible for cell phone numbers. It's good for finding people's current addresses and not always so good at that.

Let me give you my unsolicited opinion about vacants. I've been down this road with vacants so many times before. The people who vacate houses do not want to be found. When you do find them working with them is such a pain in the ***. They seemingly have a mindset that the house problem will just go away because they left the property vacant. The whole issue will just disappear into thin air. No one can find me and I'm invisible. So when I show up wanting to help them, they are of the mindset that they don't need my help because they have essentially removed themselves from the equation by vacating the house.

I hope you have better luck with them my friend.

@Michael G.

I appreciate the information.  Sorry for the delayed response I did not see this post until now.  I have started the process with TLO already so they will be coming out and inspecting soon.  Have to go buy a cabinet haha.  I understand their concern and am thankful for their precautions when it comes to peoples personal information.

So I hear what your saying about the absentee mindset.  Fortunately for me, the majority of the owners I am finding have inherited the property and never got around to selling so they are a bit easier to deal with then what you described above.  Think it just happens to be my market and the fact that a lot of people moved to the area years ago to retire.  I'm catching that wave of a deceased partner or parents that left the property to family.

Anyway keep hustling and again I thank you for the most helpful information.  

Best,

Andrew  

Good luck with the TLOXP process.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Corey Crane:

American Tracers 

I've never heard anything good about them. 

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here