• Smithville, MO
Votes |
Ways to structure this deal?

Rob Scarborough
  • Investor
  • Smithville, MO
Posted Apr 28 2015, 15:13

Good afternoon, and thanks in advance!

I have been talking to a woman about selling her rundown house to me. The ARV (given to me by a Realtor) is $25-28000 max. From my conversation with the seller, we have calculated the repairs to be around $12-15000. Rents in the area are $550-650 for a 2-bed. The home is free and clear and she just wants out.

At this time, I do not have the funds to fix the property myself as I have a flip going on another property (I hope to post to Success Stories in about 60 days!).  So I am looking at either wholesaling this or doing some sort of lease option.

I was going to offer her 2 options - All cash at $7500 and an owner financed option around $11000 ($2500 down with equal payments over the next 10 years...something like that).  If I wholesaled the deal, I figure I could wholesale the deal for $10000 or so.

My other thought was to offer a lease option on the sell side as well.  However, I don't know that much about them.

Any thoughts or opinions on the deal?  Betters ways to structure the buy side or sell side deals?

Thanks again!

Rob Scarborough

Loading replies...