Stu Johnson
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
Buying First Home Benefits vs Wholesaling

Stu Johnson
  • Mesa, AZ
Posted May 4 2015, 12:53

Hey guys, 

I'm another one of the new people who is inspired by starting REI as a business to get into and I've been doing my homework however I cannot seem to find the answer to one of my questions:

I am currently not a home owner and currently an employee at a Wells Fargo Bank.  That being said, I can get the benefits of having discounted loans on a whole half of a percent interest off the market rate should I buy a house.  I also know there are amazing benefits when people go buying their VERY first house as well.  In short, I can use the benefits of both world's in conjunction.  

However, I also like to start wholesaling some transactions to start the REI business. My question is: Is it better to buy your first house before you start your wholesaling real estate investments? I was thinking wholesaling properties from seller to the would be buyer, and technically, you would not have "ownership" in that house if the transaction is going to the would be buyer. Would making a wholesaling transaction nullify the benefits of buying your VERY first home?

Thanks,

Stu

Loading replies...