Where would you move?

2 Replies

Currently we live in a city with very high property values and we've been forced to invest from out of state (only buy and hold so far). I want to get into flipping homes, but wouldn't do that from out of state.  At last we have the option of moving wherever we want. We're looking for a state/city/area that has great (and affordable) potential for real estate but also gives us a great quality of life. We come from a very rainy place so we're looking for sunshine and warm weather (even year-round warm weather!). We currently live a 10 minute drive from the ocean, and that's hard to give up.

For quality of life, our first choice was California, but we don't have the capital to invest there right away.

So, here's the question we're currently faced with: If you could move anywhere in the country, where would you move? 

Criteria in order of importance:

1. Investment potential for a newbie flipper and Low ARV - we're starting with only $100-200K cash

3.  Sunshine and warm weather

4. If possible, less than an hour from water (lake/ocean)

Thanks!

Charleston, SC. I don't know the REI market well but it meets the criteria. Also has amazing food, history, and fantastic beaches that aren't overcrowded.

North Charleston has properties in your price range all over, and I am sure you can find some deals throughout the area. 

Yes North Charleston has some low prices. Other areas of Charleston are getting too expensive. 

I live in Charleston if you want to talk at length just message me. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you