New to BiggerPockets! I have a question about getting financing through a Broker.

New to BiggerPockets! I have a question about getting financing through a Broker.

Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone! I'm Nathan and this is my first post on BiggerPockets. I'm very excited to what this site has in store for me. But let me cut to the chase. I've been doing some research on my own on ways to buy real estate without a loan. Here's what I have found so far:

  • Owner Financing
  • Select To
  • Lease Option

These options all sound great, in theory, but they seem to be more catered if you're purchasing the home directly from the owner. Are there ways to go about doing this if you are going through a Broker or an Agent? Keep in mind, I would be a first-time-buyer. My intention for my first home would be rent it out and invest the money back into other properties.

Until next time,

-Nathan

0Reply
6 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    @Nathan Werth

    Welcome to BP! I don't know your market specifically, but in mine I find the vast majority of agents are not familiar with creative financing. They deal a lot with retail buyers and sellers with the MLS. Sometimes I see owner financed stuff on the MLS but they would still require a reasonable down payment.

    If that is what you are looking for you might be better off attending your local REIA and networking with wholesalers and other investors. Tell them what you are looking for and offer a small referral bonus.

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Brie Schmidt

    Thank you for the info! Are the REIA meetings open for anyone to attend? Or do I have to be involved in the business in some way? And when you say referral bonus, what do you mean by that?

    -Nathan

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    @Nathan Werth

    - REIA's vary by area but alot of them welcome any level of investor.

    You could offer to pay them to bring you seller financed deals 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.