Airbnb Rental Business

4 Replies

Hi everyone! I wanted to get people's opinions on a business concept that I have. I was interested in buying a property in an area such as Miami or Las Vegas (due to the low cost of homes & its desirability as a tourist destination), renovating it and renting it on Airbnb. If things go well I'd even like to turn it into a business where I do this for other people, while getting a cut of their return.

-Liam

Hello Liam,

When you get started I be happy to set you up with a daily listing of condo's without rental restrictions in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area!

The questions that come to mind are

How would you scale this? What is the reason someone would go through you? Would you be managing the properties your self? Dose this require a license of some sort per state? If your not managing yourself is your service the posting and veting of management companies? As a client of yours do you only get paid  (by me)when the properties have a tenet? Is there a cost if your posting and not filling the units? 

I am sorry if dose not help but there is not enough info in the post to judge if this would be a viable business. At least I could not do it. But hey maybe someone else can.

I don't know about the part where you manage others properties, but the idea of an all AirBnB property is somewhat interesting.  You would basically be in the vacation rental business, just renting a room at a time rather than a whole property.  Vacation/short term rentals have a lot of turn over, so you would have to be prepared to bear the cost of having the place cleaned etc. frequently.

If you pursue this, post back here how it works.  Good luck.

Medium logo flatWade Sikkink MBA, Sikkink Properties | [email protected] | http://www.rentmoney.biz

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you