Contacting Homeowner from Zillow FSBO

10 Replies

Hi Everyone,

There is a homeowner I would like to contact directly but I'm unable to find their contact information. It is a home that is listed as a FSBO on Zillow. The only thing I see on Zillow is the "contact agent" button. I was able to find the homeowners name and current address off of the County Information link. I searched the internet with their name and address but I'm unable to find a phone number. Any hints on how to find this person's contact information? Or, do I actually need to send something through snail mail?

Thanks!

Lisa

Lisa,

Go directly to there house and knock on door...

I use whitepages.com and the intelius app to find #s.

Frank

Thanks, @Frank R.  I was hoping it wouldn't come to that ;)  JK.  I tried whitepages but did not try intelius.  Thanks for the tip!

I would use the contact agent button and send something via snail mail.  I would send mail to both the property and the owner's address.

If physically leaving a note at the property is a possibility, that would be another option if the easier methods don't work.

I've found that Zillow usually lists the home owner in the "contact agent" list. You'll get a number of agents in the list, then at the bottom it lists "home owner" with a phone number, there's no picture for them so it is easy to skip over. If you check the box next to the home owner and send an email, it sends it directly to them, or you could obviously just call from the phone number.

It may vary from state to state, but that's been my experience. Good luck!

Originally posted by @Skyler Smith :

I've found that Zillow usually lists the home owner in the "contact agent" list. You'll get a number of agents in the list, then at the bottom it lists "home owner" with a phone number, there's no picture for them so it is easy to skip over. If you check the box next to the home owner and send an email, it sends it directly to them, or you could obviously just call from the phone number.

It may vary from state to state, but that's been my experience. Good luck!

Good to know Skyler.  Thanks for sharing.  Didn't know that before (usually would have skipped unless it says listing agent).

@Skyler Smith BRILLIANT man

I was banging my head against the Google search pages trying to find an answer to this.

All I could find were blog posts from Zillow defending itself against contacting the owner and why using an agent is the "Smartest" thing to do.

Exhibit A: So you think you want to go FSBO?

Clearly, these guys have an advertising dollar agenda.

@Jon Acosta glad it Helped :)

Zillow is my primary resource for FSBO leads for this very reason, they aggregate phone numbers pretty easy and their saved searches are pretty useful - I get daily updates with new FSBO listings in my area. I don't really have a problem that they have an incentive to drive leads through premier agents, I've paid for Zillow advertising and it's a great resource on for paid leads.

Lisa,

You can try to locate the homeowner through the TAX ASSESSOR OFFICE either online or CITY HALL.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.