Another New Rental Offer

7 Replies

Good Morning BP community,

I recently was able to find a seller fianance deal from a real estate investor who wants to reitre and seller fianance all her properties to have a cash flow. I was given a offer to take all three properties but I only see possible potential in one.

Lange Street: 2 Unit currently rented for $850 each unit. She owns Free and clear.  $100,000 at 5.5% no money down. 30 years

Larkhall Rd: single family $90,000 currently rented for $1100. Owns 80,000 on it still (641.90 monthly) plus $10,000 at 5.5% no money down 30 years.

2nd Larkhall Rd: single family $90,000 currently rented for $1100. Owns 75,000 on it still (620.55 monthly) plus $15,000 at 5.5% no money down 30 years.

I ve been tryig to play with the numbers. What do you think? Are the ABC streets even worth investing in?

Thank You Again,

Lukasz

@rob gribben

These are all in Dundalk. Baltimore Maryland

What are you looking for?  Cash flow?  Appreciation?  Stability?

You can get the same cash flow in other areas for much cheaper but with more risk.  The seller financing terms are attractive but I think you can do better.  Baltimore is a complicated animal right now.  You need to be in the right areas.  And unfortunately they don't always equate to the most logical investments. 

@Lukasz Kownacki

Hiya neighbor! If the houses are in really good condition & the renters are stable that's not too bad of a deal in Dundalk.

She doesn't have due on sale clauses on those mortgages? What happens if the banks foreclose on the properties? You could be stuck with some serious issues with the ones which she owes on.

I wouldn't be interested in an owner financing on properties she doesn't owe free and clear. It can get messy.

Govern yourself accordingly 

Hi @Lukasz Kownacki , I was wondering how this panned out - did you end up making an offer on anything ?  

No I only saw one of the properties being worthy and the other ones were very bad deals.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.