Philly investing

9 Replies

I'm looking to invest in Philly and am trying to narrow down solid areas for cash flow. I'm a buy and hold investor looking for sfr and small mf to start. Any insights?

Alex

I am on the other side of the state, but you might want to check out DIG the Diversified Investors Group. They are the big REIA near Philly. go to one of their meetings and network a bit. They will be able to get you boots on the ground info

to your success

Josh

Philly is da bomb. Plenty of gentrifying neighborhoods to buy on the fringes of.

Hey @Alex Clift are you still considering investing in Philly? It's possible to obtain solid cash flow at a wide range of prices/class of neighborhood here. That can be paying $30k in West Philly that rents for $800-$850/month or paying $70k in West Oak Lane that rents for $1,100-$1,200/month. I think your investing goals and strategy really determine what to focus on. But I do believe Philadelphia is great for long term buy and hold landlords.

Hi Brandon.   Yes, I'm still sort of looking in philly.   I'm a buy and hold so looking for something that cash flows in a good area.   

@Mark Callazzo Hi, i ve been looking into Philly also, what areas do u recommend? I have contemplating on a Duplex in Philly-- N. 12th st.& Courtland ave.-- tenants in place total income $1475, cost of home $85K taxes in Philly: $1200/yr- the philly is in D class neighborhood, tenants on housing assistance, they've been there for 3 years, property is very well kept. Not too sure on Capex yet. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thx

@Alex Clift  check out Port Richmond in the river wards section of the city- the area is beginning to boom me you can still get a good value- it's quickly becoming the most desirable section of the city due to the explosion that's been happening in neighboring Fishtown 

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.