Eviction Records For Prospects

6 Replies

An interesting tip I got from Brandon Turner was to look up the eviction records of an area because landlords who are going through those may want to sell. Does anyone know how I can actually get those eviction records? 

@Mike Huang that is a good idea. I'd like to find that out myself.

@Mike Huang I went to my local county web site and looked up the public records. Of course this is after the fact but I found an owner that did an eviction process on one of her tenants. It was listed under as a document type of "Judgement". This though doesn't answer your initial question. Perhaps someone else will know and I will see if I can find out anything else. There must be a way to get this information before it's made final and posted in the county records. Great question!

We're you guys able to find out how to get those leads? 

I just called my county clerks office and told me they don't have anything like that for me to get. So I'm a little stumped 

@Jennifer Chevez no I was not able to get any further than looking up "already" filed judgements in the county records.

Albeit after the fact, in my county I can get the information on the owner as it's filed with their name and address. It's not as the process is going on so that window is missed. 

I suspect though that still knowing I can get the owner information as a result of the judgement being filed is a 1st step.

@Mike Huang actually wanted "landlords who are going through those" and what I found is that the information is there but after the fact of eviction.

thank so much @Ryan Thomas I really appreciate it! I was on this website before, didn't realize how close I was.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.