Eviction Records For Prospects

6 Replies

An interesting tip I got from Brandon Turner was to look up the eviction records of an area because landlords who are going through those may want to sell. Does anyone know how I can actually get those eviction records? 

@Mike Huang that is a good idea. I'd like to find that out myself.

@Mike Huang I went to my local county web site and looked up the public records. Of course this is after the fact but I found an owner that did an eviction process on one of her tenants. It was listed under as a document type of "Judgement". This though doesn't answer your initial question. Perhaps someone else will know and I will see if I can find out anything else. There must be a way to get this information before it's made final and posted in the county records. Great question!

We're you guys able to find out how to get those leads? 

I just called my county clerks office and told me they don't have anything like that for me to get. So I'm a little stumped 

@Jennifer Chevez no I was not able to get any further than looking up "already" filed judgements in the county records.

Albeit after the fact, in my county I can get the information on the owner as it's filed with their name and address. It's not as the process is going on so that window is missed. 

I suspect though that still knowing I can get the owner information as a result of the judgement being filed is a 1st step.

@Mike Huang actually wanted "landlords who are going through those" and what I found is that the information is there but after the fact of eviction.

thank so much @Ryan Thomas I really appreciate it! I was on this website before, didn't realize how close I was.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.