Looking to buy a house

1 Reply

I'm looking at a house  that a friend of mine wants to sell.. He had it listed with a realtor for 195k with no results in 6 months. The house is in perfect condition and a great neighborhood with great schools. I want to flip it but since I'm new at this what should I offer?  I think the house should have easily sold for 175 to 180 .. It's 1660sqft 3 bed 2bath and 2 car garage. No pool... I was thinking on offering 120 but I don't know if that would insult him plus he did buy a new home already . He does have a renter in it that pays 1200 a month till sept. What should I do???

Before you do any of that you need to decide what the comps are in the area of recently sold homes similar to that one.

If the house needs nothing I highly doubt he would accept 120k for it unless it needed a lot of major repairs..  That's 75k below asking price.

If he has a renter in there already covering the mortage he has no incentive to sell.

However it's possible you could maybe see if you can do owner financing or take over his existing mortgage.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide