#AskBP - step by step ways to buying this 10 unit

1 Reply

​Hello, Can someone explain to me the process and creative ways I can go about getting a 10 units similar to this one ( see below) Just a little history on me.... My girlfriend and I recent bought a nice 4 family in the NJ area, but we both have aspirations to slowly graduate grow from 4 units to 8 to 10, 20 etc etc. I found this post on line and would like your feed back on a step by step way to finance something like this. Right now we cannot afford it but I feel like there is always a way to aquire something like with little money. Am I wrong please explain step by step and different options. I wish I can send the pics but the app isn't allowing me to add pics to the forum. If possible can this be a topic on the #askBP podcast! Thanks! FOR SALE NEWTON MANOR 10 UNIT MULTI FAMILY APARTMENT BUILDING 50 SWARTSWOOD ROAD, NEWTON, NJ OFFERED AT: $990,000.00

A 10 unit would be a commercial property and that usually requires at least a 25% down payment.

What you need is another investor to help you with a down payment.  I don't think any bank is going to give you an almost 1 million dollar loan with no money down.  If you had a million in assets and 6 months of reserves they might be able to do something.

If I were you I would keep buying those smaller multifamily and once you have a few more you should be able to find a bank to do portfolio lending.

You can always do an exchange later on and sell those smaller properties to trade up for a bigger property.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.