Summit County / Akron, OH

5 Replies

Anyone have any insight on Summit County or Akron area? I have been looking at some SFR and small-multi opportunities. I have a couple of good leads for Barberton, but I am not sure on the area. Any locals have any input? Good place for buy and hold? Good area for fix and flip? Thanks! Any input is appreciated.

- Matthew

@Matt B. I invest in Summit County. I know a guy through our local REIA that invests entirely in Barberton. I know it is lower end, so maybe not a good, solid flip market. Or maybe not without an airtight team and model. I know there isn't strong demand for people to move there.

This guy does only buy and hold and I know he does well in that market.  He has been investing there since '84.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Ryan

I have a few homes in Barberton/kenmore and they are great rentals. I personally would not buy to flip as I doubt there is much profit margin there. I'm actually closing on two houses in Barberton this month. 

I live just outside Barberton and have a bunch of houses in Akron and one in Barberton. I use a property manager on many of them but they are still not hands off.  Lower end properties (and tenants) like here in Akron and Barberton are hands on even with a good property manager.  I deal with these houses in person constantly.

Barberton is an area I get a ton of calls for rentals, along with Wadsworth, but not many listings to show. For an investment, I would say it would be a good place to buy and hold for a while. Currently the hot action for flipping/sale is in the northern Akron area and 'burbs. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you