Rent or Flip

3 Replies

My name is Beau, I recently bought a house for 38000 and I put 12000 in to it, (a total of 50000) it was a foreclosure with some foundation issues.  I was able to get it fixed for cheaper than most people because I am a general contractor.  After everything is said and done, the appraisal is now around 105000.  Im not too worried about making quick money, but more interested in building my wealth and passive income.  How difficult is it to pull equity lines off of a paid off property, to go buy more homes without putting myself in a huge risk.  Any help is appreciated, thank you.

You could do a cash out refinance and have the best of both worlds. Not only will you have it as a long term rental but you can pull all that cash out of it and move onto your next deal. Just be sure if you keep as a long term rental it is something that will cash flow well and is in decent neighborhood good for rental properties.

Colin Smith, Real Estate Agent in CO (#ER.100052152)
719-232-6709

Colin thank you for your advice .Right now in the neighborhood the rent goes anywhere from $900 to $1200 a month for a three bedroom two bath. My house would probably fall into around $1000 a month with the updates I did. Would you recommend doing just one more product or turning it into two if you can find the right deal.

thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you